- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Tag them on Twitter, Facebook or their blog.
My 11 Things:
1. News, for the most part, bores me. At least politics. I can get behind entertainment news however.
2. I never thought I would enjoy nursing. Turns out it is one of my favorite things about being a mama.
3. My best friend, Carolyn, and I can text each other random lines from Friends or Big Bang Theory and the other person will text the following line back to the first. It can happen anywhere at any time without notice. We have nearly a 100% success rate.
4. I own approximately 20 cookbooks. I can’t remember the last time I made a recipe I didn’t find online.
5. I start and stop couponing at least once a year.
6. Every time I hear a new Zelda game is coming out, I could the days down until I can get a copy for myself to play. I have yet to complete an entire game.
7. I am addicted to amazon.com. I’d be surprised if you receive a gift from me in the future that did not come from said website.
8. Barenaked Ladies are my favorite band. I will do whatever I can to see them in concert as they put on the best show I’ve ever seen.
9. I was anti Twilight for a very long time until one day I decided to rent it from the library. That night I sat riveted on my couch as I watched the love story between Edward and Bella unfold before my eyes. I watched the movie again the next morning before I had to return it to the library. Following this, I read all four books and rented the movie again within a week. Needless to say, I’m in love with the series.
10. People think I’m very talkative, but making small talk is one of the hardest, most intimidating things I can think of.
11. My favorite place in the entire universe is Maui. Every time I get the chance to visit, I always say I’m going home. I believe in a previous life I was Hawaiian. It’s really the only explanation. 🙂
11b. (Bonus thing about me.) I have a tendency to overuse emoticons. I just can’t help myself! 😛
- Which states have you visited? Hawaii, California, Nevada, Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine (24/50)
- What’s your favorite talk show and why? It’s a toss up between Rachael Ray and The Chew. I have been watching Rachael Ray for the last few years, but The Chew is new and so far I really like it. I’m a huge foodie and both of these talk shows center around that theme.
- If you could live abroad, where would you choose? Italy. No question. I’m half Italian and love the culture. I would love to study Italian cooking there.
- If you could change something about your home/where you live, without worrying about expense or mess, what would you do? I would like closer to the beach (preferably I’d live on Maui). The only bad part would be visiting my friends and family. That’s honestly a big reason why I haven’t seriously considered moving to Maui in the past.
- What’s under your bed? I don’t think anything. Jeff doesn’t like to store things under there.
- How far away from your birthplace do you live now? I was born in Strongsville, so about 3 hours.
- Do you sing in the shower? Depends on my mood. We have a TV in the bathroom too, so if there is something good on I’ll be too busy watching it to sing.
- Would you rather swim in a pool, lake, or beach? I would prefer to swim in a pool, but I like playing in the ocean (bobbing along with the waves).
- What was the last movie you saw? Contraband. It was just eh.
- Who was the last person you received a text message from? Why are they important to you? Carolyn. She is my absolute most bestest friend ever.
- Do you like to ice skate? I wouldn’t know. I’ve never been. I have, however, been roller blading and I’m guessing based on that I would not be very good at ice skating.
1. What is your favorite ingredient to cook with?
2. Do you like mayonnaise?
3. Which season do you love the most?
4. What singer/band is your favorite?
5. Do you like board games? If yes, which one is your favorite?
6. What was your most memorable vacation? Why?
7. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you bring with you?
8. Are you a stomach, back, or side sleeper?
9. How many times a day do you check your email?
10. What is “your drink” at Starbucks?
11. If you were going to die tomorrow, what would you have as your last meal?
Abby @ Sugar and Spice
Carolyn @ Perfectly Imperfect
Kristen @ Baby Makes Three
Jamie @ Food in Real Life
Alison @ The Next Big Adventure
Jenna @ Eat Live Run
Megan @ What’s Megan Making
Brittany @ A Healthy Slice of Life
Emily @ Daily Garnish
Ashley @ (Never Home) Maker, Baby
Ashely @ The Edible Perspective
Such a fun tag!