Remember when I said I would be taking a slight step back from blogging during December and some of January? OK, maybe you don’t.
[I moved my blog to a different address only to have the hosting company, weeks later, pull my address because of some BS issue. The posts I posted on that site did not get posted here and, now that I can't access that site anymore, are probably lost forever. I'm not bitter. Not at all. Grr.]
Because of my job, it is very hard for me to keep the blogging up during that time. It is also pretty hard keeping up with reading all the great blogs that my friends and blends (blogger friends) post. I still haven’t really gotten back in the swing of things, which is why I didn’t notice this post by Supermom until yesterday!
Supermom nominated me for a Liebster award. Lots of these blog awards are floating around in the blogosphere, so I wanted to do a little research into what this award was actually about. Apparently “liebster” means “dearest” or “loved one” in German. The purpose behind this award to basically to show encouragement to your fellow bloggers. Blog Love if you will. Who doesn’t love a little blog love?
Anyhow, the rules are:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you
- Create 11 new questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in this post
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and tell the bloggers you’ve nominated
First thing’s first…my 11 random facts:
- I don’t mind folding laundry. However, I hate putting it away. And I really, really hate hanging my husband’s clothes. His rods are too tall!
- I love the kind of snow that is really quiet. You know…standing outside, especially at night, when there’s no wind and the snow just kind of floats down. It’s calm and serene. Plus, if you take pictures in the snow, they look like little crystals. It’s marvelous.
- I have a tendency to download games on my phone, get super into them for about two weeks, and then completely stop playing them. My apologies to all my friends who are currently playing Ruzzle with me. Enjoy it now, but don’t expect me to be around in another few weeks. Consider this your warning.
- My favorite thing to make in the kitchen is anything baked. I’m not always the best cook, but I can run circles around anyone who wants to challenge me to a bake off.
- Speaking of baking, I’ve always wanted to work in or even own my own bakery. As I get older, my thoughts on this have changed a bit. I would still love working in one, but I don’t think I’m cut out to own my own business. I like spending time at home with my boys way too much.
- I almost always set my alarm for 5a even if I don’t have to work early. I like getting up before everyone, enjoying a cup of coffee, and watching a program or catching up on my computer type chores. Or sometimes I’ll just sit and read. It’s one hour of bliss before the chaos breaks. But really who am I kidding? My little guy is the best and when he starts stirring at 6a, I get excited to play!
- I hate for my house to be messy even though 90% of the mess is my fault. I have a bad habit of taking things out and not putting them back where they belong. My husband hates this. I’m working on it. Promise.
- I have a nail polish addiction. Not a horrible one, but an addiction just the same. And since I only usually wear pinks, purples, and reds, I have a lot of colors that look extremely similar. But they’re different! I swear!
- My basement is where anything I can’t find a place for upstairs goes to live. If I can’t find a home for it upstairs, but I don’t want to get rid of it, I just put it in the basement and tell myself I’ll deal with it later. Right now I have about six big piles of stuff waiting for a home. In time.
- Speaking of, I’m actually a relatively organized person. I have pretty good spacial recognition and can typically plan a room out without having to measure.
I thought everyone could do this, but apparently I am wrong. One of my jobs at work is to set whole aisles of product for different seasons. I can imagine what everything is going to look like before I even start, but apparently my manager works a little differently. Not sure how, but once I mentioned I was good at spacial recognition and she admitted she wasn’t. Interesting…
- I think everything made in the slow cooker tastes the same. Maybe it’s my slow cooker, maybe not. All I know is, no matter what meat I put in, no matter what flavors I add, no matter how long I cook it…all tastes the same. I think that means I need a new slow cooker. My husband would tell me it will just wind up in the basement.
And as part of the post, I am to answer the questions Heather has posed to me:
1. What is your favorite band?
This has changed over the years and now I can’t really name just one band. That would be like asking me to name one spice to cook with for the rest of my life. Or to pick one shirt to wear forever. Nope. Can’t do it. My top 5 would be Barenaked Ladies, Staind, Incubus, All American Rejects, and for old time’s sake, Aerosmith
2. Coffee, cocoa or tea?
Love them all, but if I had to pick I would go with coffee
3. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Cheeseburgers. No question.
4. Your hair color: natural or from a box?
A little of both. Before I got a new car and decided to give all my money to the Kia company, I would get my hair colored every 6-8 weeks. Luckily right before I bought said car, I had my hair dyed to almost my natural color. Now, I have about half my hair colored and half natural. I need to start coloring it again though because I’m starting to notice those hairs that are colored the color we won’t be mentioning today. (Hint: it’s gray)
5. Aside from blogging, what do you do in your free time?
What’s that? Just kidding. Free time is reserved for cooking, cleaning, and recently exercising. As I put on Instagram yesterday, it’s a whole new era! Time to get back to Healthy B.
6. What is your favorite season and why?
I used to say Fall was my favorite season, but more and more I’m thinking Summer is. I love all the seasonal foods, the cookouts, swimming, and playing outside. I don’t even mind the heat anymore. I still love Fall, but Summer is just awesome to me. I will love it even more when I am able to spend more time playing with my boys!
7. Chevron craze – love it or hate it?
I’m kind of indifferent to it. I don’t hate the pattern, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to include it in my decorating. I’m partial to stripes though.
8. What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
Les Miserables. I liked the movie, but I much prefer the live musical. I also did not like that they changed the lyrics unnecessarily in the movie. WTH?
9. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
This is an easy one and anyone who knows me can guess the answer but…Maui. Anytime I go to Maui (yes I’ve been more than once…4 times actually), I say I’m going home. This applies to all the Hawaiian islands, but Maui holds a very, very special place in my heart. In fact, I usually don’t watch the shows about Maui on the travel channel because it makes my heart ache and I get all teary eyed. Is that pathetic? Oh well.
10. If you were in the Miss America pagent what would your talent be?
Wrangling children? Ha! No, for real I have no idea. I took dance and music lessons when I was little and I was also a gymnast for about a year, but talents? Not sure. Maybe cross stitching.
11. If you could have chosen your own name what would it be?
I actually really love my name. I used to hate it because it was different, but now that’s the reason I love it! It’s unique without being weird. Paired with my last name, I get a lot of compliments on it. I wear a name badge with my first and last name on it and I get asked probably once a week how to say my last name. Once I pronounce it, I almost always hear “That’s beautiful!” Yay for pretty names and creative mothers!
The 11 questions I would like my bloggers to answer are:
1. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names?
2. What is your least favorite chore?
3. Where is the last place you went out to eat?
4. What’s are you listening to right now?
5. If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go and why?
6. What’s the top item on your bucket list?
7. Do you know any foreign languages?
8. What is your favorite form of exercise?
9. Who is your favorite celebrity, living or dead?
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
11. Who are you subscribed to on YouTube that you look forward to watching most? If you’re not subscribed to anyone on YouTube, who is your favorite blogger?
I am nominating:
Gretchen at Real Life Motherhood of 4
Abby at Sugar and Spice…Or Something Like ThatAlison at The Next Big Adventure
Marcia at Travel, Run, Eat
Katie at Healthy Heddleston
Nicole at My Love for Cooking
Alicia at Blessed and Blissful
This was really fun! I hope you all take the time to participate as well. I look forward to reading your posts!
And by the way…a great big THANK YOU to Heather for the nomination!